- Always apply to WET hair and skin: Hyaluronic acids' #1 benefit is retaining and increasing hydration (up to 10x the norm), so for the best possible hydration it should be applied to clean, damp hair and skin. * One exemption to this rule is re-applying.to the hair after it's dry to smooth fly-aways and prevent frizz..
- Layer it under everything else you use: Hyaluronic acid should be applied first then followed with serums, moisturizers, leave-in conditioners or styling products to act as a protective barrier and seal in undiluted moisture.
- Use as a primer to smooth the surface: Since it locks moisture into the top layer of your skin and hair, it smooths & evens the surface, plus acts as a magnet for other products, increasing their longevity and efficacy.
10 Great Reasons To Add Hyaluronic Acid To Your Daily Beauty Routine
- For Maxmimum hydration: When applied topically to damp hair or skin, Hyaluronic acid acts like a sponge. It locks in moisture, making your skin and hair strands more hydrated, elastic, and overall healthier. Tip: It helps repair skin or hair that's dry and damaged - just layer it under your hydrating mask for added benefit.
- To Amp up your 'Glow': Hyaluronic acid mists are great for setting cosmetics and adding a glowy, dewy finish to the skin when lightly misted over makeup or powder.
- For anti-aging protection: Hyaluronic acid can stimulate collagen production, significantly decrease the depth of wrinkles and enhance skin firmness and elasticity. It also helps build keratin in the hair to keep it strong and healthy.
- To control oily skin or scalp: Hyaluronic acid prevents the over-production of oil that clogs pores and causes breakouts, acne or greasy scalp.
- To Help heal damage & prevent breakage: Hyaluronic acid helps the skin maintain moisture and helps the tissue regeneration process involved in healing wounds and minimizing scars. It also strengthens damaged hair strands, improving elasticity and lessening the chance of breakage.
- Correct dry, itchy skin and scalp: Hyaluronic acid can help improve the symptoms of mild to moderate eczema and aids in preventing dry scalp and dandruff.
- To stimulate cell regeneration and even out skin tone: Hyaluronic acid stimulate cell growth and helps reduce and prevent age spots and pigmentation when paired with a vitamin c serum or booster.
- To promote thicker hair & reduce hair loss: Increased Hyaluronic acid content helps hair strands keep excess moisture without saturating the structure, which may help reduce hair loss. HA also improves blood flow to the scalp, encouraging hair growth.
- To maxmimize curls & texture: Anyone with naturally curly or coily hair knows how hard it is to keep your hair healthy and hydrated without looking frizzy or weighing the curl pattern down. One of the best ways to use HA is to add a few drops to your deep conditioner; it penetrates deeply into the cortex, nourishing curls and adding shine and defnition.
- To reduce frizz & fly-aways: Toss your HA mist in your bag anytime you're heading out into humidity; mist lightly over hair (and skin) to hydrate and instantly eradicate frizz, fly-aways or tight, dry skin.
Enjoy a super-hydrated, 'glowy' summer!
Strength x Beauty Team