Woman, you are our hero.
Strong and always beautiful, you are the center of our universe.
This month let's do something great, together;
First, take care of yourself. Don't skip annual exams and regular self-checks. The earlier breast cancer is diagnosed, the better the chance of successful treatment. So it's important to check your breasts regularly and take action if you notice a change.
Common breast cancer signs and symptoms include:
- a lump or swelling in the breast, upper chest or armpit
- a change to the skin, such as puckering or dimpling
- a change in the color of the breast – the breast may look red or inflamed
- a change to the nipple, for example it has become pulled in (inverted)
- rash or crusting around the nipple
- any unusual liquid (discharge) from either nipple
- changes in size or shape of the breast
Noticing an unusual change doesn’t necessarily mean you have breast cancer, but it’s important to get checked immediately if you notice any changes.
Second, take care of your tribe and help pave a better future for our daughters and sisters; together we really can make a difference.
Support a campaign, run for the cause, donate your hair or join a crusade to raise funds for breast cancer research to support those who are suffering with life-saving research and life-changing support.
Let's help all women be strong, and let's help them feel beautiful.
We're partnering with our Ambassador Salons in offering complimentary donation haircuts and styling and support to women who have lost their hair. Want to donate your hair? Email Lisa@flygirlbeauty.com for a list of our Brand Ambassador Salons in NY, VA and FL.
Plus, we're donating 15% of every purchase this month to the American Breast Cancer Foundation. Check out their resources here abcf.org and help us join them in #PaintingitPink.